When you look for the best rechargeable AA / AAA batteries for your devices such as digital camera,camera flash, xbox one controllers, flashlights, wireless mics, toys, you may be confused about “What are the best rechargeable AA and AAA batteries?”. Let me clarify that for you.
- Best AA rechargeable battery: Panasonic Eneloop Pro AA High Capacity (2550mAh – recharge up to 500 times)
- Best AAA rechargeable battery: Panasonic Eneloop AAA 4th Generation (800 mAh – recharge up to 2100 times)
They are HIGH capacity and large rechargeable cycles, which is best suited to outdoor purpose, flashlights, digital cameras, camera flash xbox controller, toys or other heavy-load-devices.
Note: Don’t forget to buy the best SMART battery charger such as La Cross Technology BC-700 for AA/AAA rechargeable batteries. Click here to read another post about Why do you need a SMART battery charger.
The best AA and/or AAA rechargeable batteries means,
- High capacity: the batteries’ capacity must be larger than 2000mAh for AA and must be larger than 700mAh for AAA
- Large recharge cycles: this is the number of rechargeable times, at least 500 times.(if you need four times charging a week, that means you have 2.5 years to get full 500 rechargeable times).
- High drain: the high-drain batteries are best suited to the heavy-load-devices such as digital cameras, camera flash, led flashlights.
- Low self-discharge rate: that means the battery will maintain over 80 percent of capacity after one year of storage.
- No memory effect: the batteries can be recharged when being partially or fully discharged without any problems. Most of old-fashion AA and AAA rechargeable batteries have memory effect – you have to fully discharge before recharging them again.
Which rechargeable battery brand would be the best?
I did a small research on internet for that question, as expected here are top 5 best brands: Energizer, Duracell , Eneloop, Panasonic and Sanyo.
Personally, I like Eneloop most of all. I’ve used the Eneloop AA and AAA rechargeable batteries for both digital camera and xbox one controller for years.
Hate to talk like a fan but Eneloops are widely regarded as being the best AA and AAA rechargeable battery. It has no memory effect, low self-discharge as well as lasts for quite a long time, it usually takes 1 or 2 weeks before I swap them out. However, be warned the Eneloops can be pricier than the Duracells or Energizers rechargeable but they’re well worth it.
Recommending the best rechargeable AA and AAA batteries for heavy-load-devices
Here are my highly recommended the best AA and AAA rechargeable batteries. They meet the standards of quality rechargeable batteries such as high capacity, large recharge cycles, no memory effect, and the most important is BEST for heavy-load-devices.
Best rechargeable AA battery:
If you are interested in HIGH capacity and recharge cycles, here are two types of rechargeable batteries will be great for you. They are best suited to outdoors, flashlights, digital cameras, camera flash xbox controller, toys or something that needs large capacity and recharge cycle.
Best rechargeable AAA battery:
As for AAA rechargeable battery, here are two types of Eneloop AAA batteries which are outstanding for rechargeable times and get my vote as well.
- Panasonic Eneloop AAA 4th Generation (800 mAh – recharge up to 2100 times)
- Eneloop High Capacity AAA Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries (950 mAh – recharge up to 500 times)
The best SMART battery charger for AA and AAA batteries
And one more thing you should consider is choosing SMART battery chargers for AA and AAA batteries.
Why? That is because smart chargers will monitor battery status and are equipped with advance functions such as protecting the batteries from heat, refresh/recycle/charge/discharge modes or mA recharging speed adjusting.
La Cross Technology BC-700 Alpha – My BEST battery charger for AA / AAA rechargeable batteries.
I used and highly recommended the La Cross Technology BC-700 Alpha as a good choice.
The BC-700 has 4 slots with each separately channel charging – NECESSARY for charging battery individually or 3 or other odd numbers while most dumb chargers that do 2 or 4 on one charge channel.
Note: Another good choice is Maha Powerex Wizard One MH-C9000. It is equipped with all advance functions as I’ve said above.
I think anyone who are using one-time use batteries really need to make the jump to rechargeable AA/AAA batteries.
The AA/AAA rechargeable batteries are CHEAP, but it does not mean you choose them without thinking. Hopefully my buying tip and recommendation help you choose the best rechargeable AA and/or AAA batteries for your for digital camera, camera flash, xbox one controllers, flashlights, toys and so on.